Saturday 14 July 2007

Yukata Week at Kasugai....

The school I teach at on Saturdays - Kasugai - is having yukata week this week. A yukata is kind of like a kimono, except much less time consuming to put on and less restrictive once you have. The staff all wear them, and so do the teachers, except me because I forgot to look for one on my day off (although the chances of getting one in my size are slim).

So here's a picture of the wonderful and radiant Masumi Hiyama, staff member and all round superstar :)

The kids where them too! There's sweeties as bribes, but it's still cute:

The kid on orange is the brother of the kid on the far left, and has moved through through several stages in knowing me - beginning at abject terror, onto shyness, familiarity, and now friendliness and maybe a little unchecked aggression. This can be a problem as small children such as him tend to have their heads at groin height meaning any high speed charge towards me can mean I sound like I've been inhaling helium for the rest of the day.

Also, the girl on my knee always fights to get on for photos, then looks downcast when they're taken! She's there voluntarily, honest!

No comments: